General Testing Information
Testing is available for people 14 and older. For information about testing options for those younger than 14, visit the American Mensa Web site or call 1-800-66-MENSA.
If you think you may qualify based on past test scores, visit the American Mensa Web site for submitting test scores.
Testing usually takes less than two hours.
Group testing is usually offered as part of our Regional Gathering, SEMMantics (April 17-19, 2020, at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, 30559 Flynn Drive, Romulus, MI 48174) and on Mensa Testing Day, usually held in October.
Individually scheduled testing sessions can be requested locally in Flint/Grand Blanc, Southfield and Sterling Heights. Culture Fair testing is available at Sterling Heights site only. See below.
- Mensa Practice Test. This online timed test is only available through our national office. The Mensa Practice Test is available at this link. Your score on this test will not qualify you for Mensa membership. However, it may help you decide whether you want to take the Mensa Admissions Test.
- Mensa Admissions Test. Individually scheduled sessions: contact our testing coordinator to arrange. See below.
- Culture Fair Mensa Admissions Test. Culture Fair Tests are designed to minimize the effects of differing cultures or experiences of national, ethnic or socioeconomic groups. They are also appropriate for those with reading disabilities or whose native language is not English. If you prefer this test, please check the third option on the application.
Scheduled Admission Test Sessions
Note that during October, testing is half-price – only $30 instead of $60!
Saturday, October 19, 2019, 1:00 p.m.
21557 Telegraph Road
- Registration opens at 12:30 p.m., test starts promptly at 1:00. Sorry, latecomers cannot be accomodated.
- Limited to 12 candidates
- Walk-ins welcome if space is available
- No cash accepted, check, credit card or voucher only
- Email email@example.com to reserve
Testing by Appointment
We also offer one-on-one test sessions by appointment. Please contact our testing coordinator, Pauline Averbach by email or writing to 2378 22nd Street, Wyandotte, MI 48192. Or call American Mensa at (817) 607-0060.
Instructions to Register for a Test Session
- Print and fill out the Mensa Admission Test Application.
- Payment can be made by Mensa Testing Voucher (buy one here), or by a check payable to American Mensa, Ltd. (please send with application) or by credit card information provided the day of the test.
- Mail the form and and check (if applicable) to:
2378 22nd Street
Wyandotte, MI 48192
You will receive your confirmation and location information by phone or email.
Test Day Information
- Arrive on time for check-in.
- Please bring picture identification.
- Testing will begin promptly at the scheduled time.
- No walk-ins or observers are allowed during testing.
If you have other questions, or require further information, please contact our testing coordinator, Pauline Averbach by email or writing to 2378 22nd Street, Wyandotte, MI 48192. Or call American Mensa at (817) 607-0060.