General Testing Information
Testing is available for people 14 and older. For information about testing options for those younger than 14, visit the American Mensa Web site or call 1-800-66-MENSA.
If you think you may qualify based on past test scores, visit the American Mensa Web site for submitting test scores.
Testing usually takes less than two hours.
Group testing is usually offered as part of our Regional Gathering, SEMMantics (Held mid-April at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, 30559 Flynn Drive, Romulus, MI 48174) and on Mensa Testing Day, usually held in October.
Individually scheduled testing sessions can be requested locally in Ann Arbor, Flint/Grand Blanc, Southfield, and Sterling Heights.
- Mensa Practice Test. This online timed test is only available through our national office. The Mensa Practice Test is available at this link. Your score on this test will not qualify you for Mensa membership. However, it may help you decide whether you want to take the Mensa Admissions Test.
- Mensa Admissions Test. Individually scheduled sessions: contact our testing coordinator to arrange. See below.
Testing by Appointment
We also offer one-on-one test sessions by appointment. Please contact our testing coordinator, Billie Lee by email or call American Mensa at (817) 607-0060.
Test Day Information
- Arrive on time for check-in.
- Please bring picture identification.
- Testing will begin promptly at the scheduled time.
- No walk-ins or observers are allowed during testing.
If you have other questions, or require further information, please contact our testing coordinator, Billie Lee by email or call American Mensa at (817) 607-0060.